Name the Cat for Fun & Prizes!

I guess we'll make it an even dozen in the animal department. This little kitty showed up a couple of nights ago and OF COURSE she is skin & bones, so OF COURSE we had to feed her.
But what to name her? She's solid black, with just a few white hairs here and there. BIG yellow eyes and just as sweet as she can be. I've been calling her Bobbie (for bag 'o bones) but that reminds me of my old nosy neighbor (anyone remember the phone call Necia got while we were down in Gruene? That was Bobbie).
Suggestions? The winner will receive a fantabulous bar of creamy, handmade Pink Sugar soap...ooooh...ahhhh...

18 Comments:
At Friday, August 04, 2006 1:52:00 PM,
Anonymous said…
She looks just like my little Jigglebilly! That name is taken though so I suggest Roo. As in the Mary Poppins song "Chim-chimmeny-chim-chimmeny-chim-chim-cha-ROO." b/c she's black like a chimney sweep!!
At Friday, August 04, 2006 1:57:00 PM,
The Andersons said…
I like that Gin! And if it makes any difference, I think she's a mama kitty. I just went outside and she is definitely 'bagged up' IYKWIM. Dear Lord, please don't let there be kittens under my house!!!
At Friday, August 04, 2006 1:59:00 PM,
Anonymous said…
Or you could spell it Roux, after the delicious thickening agent used in Cajun dishes. A good Roux is really dark, but not black.
At Friday, August 04, 2006 1:59:00 PM,
Anonymous said…
We lost one the other day so we may be in the market.
At Friday, August 04, 2006 3:04:00 PM,
Necia said…
My vote is Ricky Bobby.
At Friday, August 04, 2006 3:40:00 PM,
Anonymous said…
I think Pinocchio, because in that picture, there's a nose thang goin' on. Or, since it's a girl, Pinocchia. Or Miss P. Or just "Hey - get the hell away from my porch!!!" Wait, that's MY cat's name.
Even if I don't win I want soap.
At Friday, August 04, 2006 6:47:00 PM,
Anonymous said…
Gi-na-na-nah stole the name I was going to suggest, so I am going to have to go with Sadie. I just like that name for a cat. I think it means princess or something. Or you could go with Ames, but that name has been nixed a few times. :)
At Saturday, August 05, 2006 5:01:00 AM,
Anonymous said…
How about Spook?? She looks kind of spookie in the picture to me. I don't think Stephen needs the pink soap, but his momma does!!!
At Monday, August 07, 2006 6:15:00 AM,
Baskinoid #3 said…
I think we should name her "Fight Club" because from the naming process, I get pink soap.
At Tuesday, August 08, 2006 9:07:00 AM,
Anonymous said…
How about, "Lunch"?
Andy
At Wednesday, August 09, 2006 8:47:00 AM,
The Andersons said…
EWWWWWWWWW. Thanks for reminding me of the lipofat soap!
At Thursday, August 10, 2006 7:55:00 PM,
The Andersons said…
Well, we settled on "Jet" for her name. Midnight was the second choice, because that's what time she first showed up. So I guess Gina gets the soap by forfeit/default! =)
Yay Gi-na-na-nah!!
At Thursday, August 17, 2006 6:18:00 PM,
Anonymous said…
I do not approve of schlick's suggestion.
Do I get an ancillary prize since I also said Midnight? :)
At Thursday, August 17, 2006 7:44:00 PM,
The Andersons said…
Schlickity, I've got some soap for you--to wash your mouth out!
At Thursday, August 17, 2006 7:48:00 PM,
The Andersons said…
OKKKAAYYYY, you talked me into it, 2nd place soap for Classie!
At Saturday, August 19, 2006 3:32:00 PM,
Anonymous said…
I will feel strangely bad if you actually gave me some soap! I was really just kidding! :)
At Sunday, August 20, 2006 3:51:00 PM,
The Andersons said…
OK, then maybe you'll win the next naming contest. Be thinking 'Alien'! (No hints, Myers family!!!)
At Monday, August 21, 2006 6:03:00 PM,
Necia said…
No problem here. I don't have any idea what you are talking about!
Post a Comment
<< Home