ONE MORE CHANCE FOR STEVO
1. God's rules are called His _________________________________.
2.__________________ stops the GAP process and causes chaos in the soul. (HINT: This term was taught on Sunday.)
3. ____________________ means to have hope, confidence, and assurance.
4. Believers who are led by their emotions are on the ______________. (This is a tricky one--you can try to answer this one according to current terminology, but unless you're the PT or were around in 1976 [or even born by then!] you probably won't know it.)
5. __________________ means pertaining to the soul.
6. God the Son is represented by light that is seen and felt, which is called________________. (You are NOT allowed to google this as we didn't even have computers in 1976, much less the internet!)
7. We are all born __________________.
8. The penalty of sin is removed by the doctrine of______________.
9. ____________________ means having a body, soul, and spirit.
10. _________________ is the removal of the barrier between God and man.
1. God's rules are called His _________________________________.
2.__________________ stops the GAP process and causes chaos in the soul. (HINT: This term was taught on Sunday.)
3. ____________________ means to have hope, confidence, and assurance.
4. Believers who are led by their emotions are on the ______________. (This is a tricky one--you can try to answer this one according to current terminology, but unless you're the PT or were around in 1976 [or even born by then!] you probably won't know it.)
5. __________________ means pertaining to the soul.
6. God the Son is represented by light that is seen and felt, which is called________________. (You are NOT allowed to google this as we didn't even have computers in 1976, much less the internet!)
7. We are all born __________________.
8. The penalty of sin is removed by the doctrine of______________.
9. ____________________ means having a body, soul, and spirit.
10. _________________ is the removal of the barrier between God and man.

27 Comments:
At Wednesday, August 02, 2006 11:28:00 AM,
Baskinoid #3 said…
1. Norms & Standards
2. STA/Personal Sin
3. "to have hope, confidence, and assurance" (in greek)
4.Emotional Revolt of the Soul/Emotional Roller Coaster/Emotional surf board/i was born in 1981
5.Soulish
6.there are 3 words, and i only remember actinic and luminiferous, so i'm going with luminiferous
7.depraved
8.redemption?
9.Trichotomous
10.Phase I grace by pass?
Feel free to replace any of my answers with "Herbie Hancock" or "False" as required.
Also, I'd like to see some statistics as to what you got on these tests, April, and verify that we arent being graded against your answers... :D
At Wednesday, August 02, 2006 12:47:00 PM,
Anonymous said…
Ok, I didnt cheat so here are my answers:
1. Trilateral Divine Purpose, although I believe Jorin and Brian are correct
2. Carnality
3. Perrisew means more than enough
4. Broad Road
5. Soulish ... hehe
6. the sun
7. unworthy
8. Spiritual Death of Christ
9. Being a Believer
10. Spirituality
At Wednesday, August 02, 2006 2:11:00 PM,
The Andersons said…
Jorin, surely you know by now that I was perfect until I turned 15...if not, see my mother and she will heartily confirm this. Oh yeah, and all of our tests were self-graded. ;)
Brian, seeing how you only have 3 answers correct, I think this one was harder than you thought...
At Wednesday, August 02, 2006 3:17:00 PM,
Anonymous said…
These are hard! I don't remember having tests in prepschool!!! I guess I had an easy teacher...Mrs. Hardin!!!!!
1. N/S of +R
2. sin, reversionism, emotion
3.Bible Doctrine
4. potty
5. nephesh, cardia or something
6. caloriphic, or caloric, or something
7.in total depravity
8.expiation or atonement or something
9. trichotomous
10. propitiation, or reconciliation, or something
At Wednesday, August 02, 2006 3:30:00 PM,
Baskinoid #3 said…
wait wait wait, i didnt know i could just append "or something" to each of my answers like Sarah does. That makes fill in the blanks SO much easier.
Jorin got a 100!!
At Wednesday, August 02, 2006 3:50:00 PM,
The Andersons said…
Sarah, one of the words in both 8. and 10. are correct. But which ones??? (HINT: it's not "something".)
Mr. Harvey was the meanest. And I guess the most, well, different--this is a quote from notes I took in his class on The Heart:
g. Women use the heart to trap Men.
Huh?
At Wednesday, August 02, 2006 3:54:00 PM,
The Andersons said…
And ONE of Stephen's answers for #7 is right.
At Wednesday, August 02, 2006 3:55:00 PM,
The Andersons said…
HINT for #4:
This is the ~opposite~ of (and rhymes with!) the term we used to use for 'Narrow Road'.
At Wednesday, August 02, 2006 4:28:00 PM,
Anonymous said…
I got #4 right! I got #4 right! I got #4 right!
At Wednesday, August 02, 2006 4:36:00 PM,
Necia said…
Is #4 the Low side of History?
At Wednesday, August 02, 2006 4:37:00 PM,
The Andersons said…
Sorry, Classie, guess again! =) It's what we ~used~ to call the Broad Road. It rhymes with what we used to call the Narrow Road. (That was kind of a confusing hint, huh?)
At Wednesday, August 02, 2006 4:51:00 PM,
The Andersons said…
Nope, sorry Nesh.
At Wednesday, August 02, 2006 5:03:00 PM,
Anonymous said…
1. Norms and Standards of Righteousness
2. Epithumia
3. Doctrine in the Soul... i cant remember the exact Greek or Hebrew word, but i know it means to "have absolute confidence in your soul of the knowledge you hold"
4. Broad Road (i dont care if its not right, im the youngest of the bunch and as far as i care it always has been and always will be "the broad road")
5. Have no clue
6. THE SHEKINAH GLORY
7. Spiritually Dead
8. Not sure of the name of the doctrine in the tape list, but for my own edification i have stored it as "the doctrine of the crucifixion" and any principles that pertain thereto :)
9. Trichotomous
10. Propitiation (im taking a guess on this one thanks to Sarah's answers... i honestly wouldve said Prayer / Rebound if i hadnt read the comments)
i did not cheat... much ;)
At Wednesday, August 02, 2006 5:10:00 PM,
Anonymous said…
I'm also curious about this prep school you speak of...
was there actually a time when written tests were administered?
I am slightly confused
At Thursday, August 03, 2006 6:13:00 AM,
Anonymous said…
Did I get #6 right April?
OK, I'll commit
#8-I'm going with atonement, BUT I reserve the right to claim victory if expiation is correct!
#10-I'm going with reconciliation, BUT reserve the right to claim victory if propitiation is correct!
Is #4 downward arc?
At Thursday, August 03, 2006 6:26:00 AM,
Anonymous said…
Do I get to win the #9 answer since I know how to spell trichotomous and Brian doesn't?
At Thursday, August 03, 2006 8:27:00 AM,
The Andersons said…
Sorry, Sarah, #6 isn't right. Calorific is felt but not seen and would therefore refer to the Holy Spirit. Or some really yummy calories which I will reserve the right to claim victory over this weekend. =Þ
At Thursday, August 03, 2006 8:51:00 AM,
The Andersons said…
How about right now?
1. norms & standards.
2. Emotional Revolt of the Soul (I personally think that Carnality or Personal Sin is also the right answer, just not on the test in 1976.)
3. Elpis
4. Gory Road (The opposite of the Glory Road, and also a pretty good description of what the Broad Road is actually like. CanIgetanAmen?)
5. Psuchikos
6. Luminiferous
7. spiritually dead.
8. Expiation.
9. Trichotomous
10. Reconciliation
Thanks for playing! Now somebody else needs to post some questions so I can play too!!
At Thursday, August 03, 2006 9:47:00 AM,
Anonymous said…
I didn't GOOGLE either, Brian!!!
I WIN #9...I WIN #9...I WIN #9
AND I think that it SHOULD be caloriphic, since it is certainly seen and felt on ME!!!!!!!
At Thursday, August 03, 2006 10:17:00 AM,
The Andersons said…
Silly boy. You have to actually UPDATE your blog, so people will have something to comment on!
At Thursday, August 03, 2006 11:27:00 AM,
The Andersons said…
Can I add "or something" to each answer?
At Thursday, August 03, 2006 11:33:00 AM,
Anonymous said…
If you want to get it wrong!
At Thursday, August 03, 2006 11:39:00 AM,
The Andersons said…
1. have a party, cause you ain't going to hell anymore. Or something.
2. not in Phase I or Phase III or something.
3. on a tree, not a cross or something.
4. something big.
5. going to be hiding behind Ron or something.
6. somethings.
At Thursday, August 03, 2006 12:46:00 PM,
Anonymous said…
1. produce Divine Good.
2. able to produce Divine Good.
3. as an act of Divine Good.
4. not necessarily a product of Divine Good.
5. done producing Divine Good in Phase II.
6. acts of Divine Good.
At Thursday, August 03, 2006 7:44:00 PM,
The Andersons said…
You misspelled syllables. -20 for you!
At Friday, August 04, 2006 4:01:00 AM,
Anonymous said…
This blog/competition has gotten somewhat nasty. That's why I didn't answer. It was NOT because I only knew three answers solidly OR because my boss questioned the validity of blogging at work....
At Friday, August 04, 2006 10:31:00 AM,
The Andersons said…
Oh man, I was SO close!
Post a Comment
<< Home