2006: The Year of the Ugly Shoe
Where have all of the decent shoes gone and why am I having espadrille/platform/cork flashbacks everytime I go into a shoe store?
I swear these are exactly what the special ed kids wore in elementary school:

And these--shades of Molly Ringwald/Pretty in Pink. Gag me with a spoon!

As far as boots go, one can choose to be:
A. Gene Simmons

B. Catwoman

I swear these are exactly what the special ed kids wore in elementary school:

And these--shades of Molly Ringwald/Pretty in Pink. Gag me with a spoon!

As far as boots go, one can choose to be:
A. Gene Simmons

B. Catwoman

Or
C. Stevie Nicks
I see a pair of white naugahyde Go-Go boots and I'm going barefoot!


10 Comments:
At Thursday, September 21, 2006 4:04:00 AM,
Anonymous said…
The first ones are cool and I'll probably get some.
Special Ed is where the cool kids roll.
At Thursday, September 21, 2006 6:46:00 AM,
Anonymous said…
2006 has given us the comeback of the peeptoe. That alone makes up for all the other ugly trends.
At Thursday, September 21, 2006 8:18:00 AM,
The Andersons said…
Shanny, you mean roll as in On the Short Bus? =) The sad thing is those shoes are starting to grow on me...
Ginny, I LOVE the peeptoes, but only the vintage 30's looking ones, NOT the 80's-retro-interpretation peeptoes!
At Thursday, September 21, 2006 10:18:00 AM,
Anonymous said…
The Stevie Nicks boots are way cool!
Especially if one adorns themselves with several wispy long scarves and "Gold Dust Women" is playing loudly in the background... or so this is what I have heard. I wouldn't know personally.
At Thursday, September 21, 2006 11:41:00 AM,
Anonymous said…
ahhhhh!! somebody hold my mom back from the special ed shoes!
At Friday, September 22, 2006 7:04:00 AM,
Necia said…
Ok,my thoughts on this. I totally thought about Shannon when I saw the short bus shoes! Do I know my friend, or what?
Secondly, Classie comes to mind when I look at the second pair.
I see Sarah in the Gene Simmons Boots, Gin in the Catwoman boots, and now that Tina mentioned it, I can totally see her wearing the Stevie Nicks boots!!!
At Sunday, September 24, 2006 5:21:00 AM,
Anonymous said…
whatever. short bus kids have more fun.
At Sunday, September 24, 2006 5:55:00 AM,
Necia said…
Yessss, they are always Happy, aren't they? Gives me the creeps!
At Thursday, September 28, 2006 1:16:00 PM,
Schlick said…
Forget these boring things. Go with Benny's Boots!
At Saturday, September 30, 2006 8:46:00 PM,
The Andersons said…
I'm buying you a pair for your House Warming!
Post a Comment
<< Home